Turkey thigh rolls with dried tomato pesto, served with grits and mushroom risotto
- 200 g turkey thigh,
- 25 g dried boletus/porcini mushroom,
- 100 g dried tomatoes,
- 100 g rocket,
- 50 g almond flakes,
- 100 ml olive oil,
- 100 g barley grits,
- 200 g frozen porcini mushrooms,
- 200 ml 34% cream,
- canola oil,
- 2 white onions,
- 100 g parmesan,
- vegetable stock.
- Prepare the vegetable stock.
- Soak the dried mushrooms in cold water and make the pesto in a blender: mix the dried tomatoes, rocket and roasted almond flakes to until they look smooth.
- Cut the turkey thigh into wide pieces and gently flatten the meat. Spread the pesto heavily on the meat and roll it using aluminium foil. Put the rolls into a heat-resistant dish, pour the vegetable stock over them and braise it in the oven in 140 degrees for about 45 minutes.
- Cook the barley grits.
- Dry the pre-sliced porcini mushrooms on a dry pan,
chopped onion and pre-sliced, soaked mushrooms. Fry until golden brown and add them to the grits with the 34% cream before you finish cooking the grits.
- When the grits are cooked, turn off the heat, add the cold butter and grated parmesan. Mix until smooth.
Take a roll out of the oven, remove the foil, cut it in thick slices and serve over the creamy grits risotto. Top it with a teaspoon of pesto and fresh rocket.