Turkey fillet simmered in gravy with potatoes
The turkey fillet in gravy is a true traditional classic. This easy to make and filling dish is perfect for those who would rather do something else than spend the entire afternoon in the kitchen making dinner. A simmered turkey fillet goes perfectly with boiled potatoes, and no dinner is complete without a serving of vegetables, which is why we have decided to add a fresh cucumber and natural yogurt salad.
Recipe: 60 minutes
- one double turkey breast
- 2 garlic cloves
- lemon juice from half a lemon
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 2 tablespoons flour
- seasoning: salt, pepper, 1 teaspoon sweet paprika, cinnamon and turmeric
- 8 large potatoes
- approx. half kg regular or picking cucumbers
- 1 large cup natural yogurt
- Wash and dry the turkey breast, dice it and put into a glass bowl.
- Add pressed garlic and all the spices, mix thoroughly and put in the fridge for an hour.
- Peel the cucumbers and grate them coarsely, add a dash of lemon juice, salt and pepper to taste and the yogurt. Mix the ingredients and put them in the fridge.
- Peel and boil the potatoes.
- Heat up some oil in a pan, put in the marinated meat and fry on both sides until golden.
- Add a bit of water and simmer until tender. If the meat starts to stick to the pan, just add some water.
- Pour 1/4 cup of water into a small bowl, add flour and mix thoroughly. Add some of the sauce from the pan into the mix and add the entire contents of the bowl to the now-tender meat.
- Stir and wait until it becomes thicker.
Toss the potatoes on the plate, add meat. Serve the cucumber salad in separate bowls.