Turkey meat has an interesting feature that is not widely known in gastronomy; some of its parts have a different taste than others, ranging from neutral and delicate to more characteristic and intense. Turkey changes its taste and aroma depending on the additives that it is served with. This is exactly why turkey meat has been appreciated and considered unique for many years!
In the case of turkey meat, stewing, cooking, baking, frying, grilling, as well as serving hot, cold, spicy and sweet are all perfectly possible. As such, turkey meat is praised by renowned chefs from all around the world. It is soft, juicy and quick to prepare!
We will now share some secrets with you to help you make every turkey dish come out just perfect. How to prepare turkey meat to make its taste and aroma truly astounding?
- Turkey meat goes perfectly with all kinds of spices, e.g. rosemary, paprika, juniper, thyme, garlic, marjoram, etc.
- To make the meat deliciously juicy, marinate it ahead of time (even for a whole night) in a mixture of your favourite spices with a little bit of oil or butter.
- Slicing the meat thinly and roasting it in a hot pan or grill will allow it to remain perfectly juicy. Turkey meat only needs a short heat treatment at a high temperature – just be careful not to make the meat too dry.
- Ground turkey meat is great for chops, meatballs and meatloaves.
- Turkey meat goes perfectly with sweet additives, such as jam, baked apples, cranberries and blueberries. Non-standard combinations with ingredients such as chilli, chocolate or lime-thyme dressing are also possible.
- Many turkey dishes taste great regardless of whether they are served hot or cold. Turkey breasts can be used to prepare a tasty dinner or even consumed as cold meat with sandwiches once baked and cooled.